- ENGR 1200 and ENGR 1300 may be taken in either order. ENGR 1300 may be replaced with ISYE 1100 Introduction to Industrial and Systems Engineering. ENGR 1200 may be replaced with ENGR 1400 Engineering Communications.
- This course is only offered in the spring semester.
- IME majors must take 4-credit course hours in one or more of these areas ASTR, BCBP, BIOL, CHEM, ERTH, MATH, IENV, or PHYS to satisfy the science elective requirement.
- IME majors must select one of the following restricted electives to satisfy the Management Elective:
ECON 1200 Introductory Economics
MGMT 1100 Introduction to Management
MGMT 2300 Financial Accounting
MGMT 4510 Invention, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship
MGMT 4520 Introduction to Technological Entrepreneurship
PSYC 1200 General Psychology
- For a list of courses that satisfy the Professional Development - Technical Issues & Solution requirement, refer to the link “Professional Development Courses” on the Registrar’s “Academic Planning” webpage. It should be completed before the capstone design course.
- This course is only offered in the fall semester.
IME majors must complete 12 credits of technical electives from the following list. A minimum of 6 credits must be in engineering (i.e., have an ISYE, ENGR, or other engineering discipline prefix). Note that not all courses are offered every year
CSCI 4250 Frontiers of Network Science
ECON 4570 Econometrics
ECSE 1010 Intro to Electrical, Computer, and Systems Engineering
ENGR 1600 Materials Science for Engineers
ENGR 2090 Engineering Dynamics
ENGR 2250 Thermal and Fluids Engineering I
ENGR 2300 Electronic Instrumentation
ENGR 2350 Embedded Control
ENGR 2530 Strength of Materials
ENGR 2710 General Manufacturing Processes
ENGR 4710 Manufacturing Processes & Systems Laboratory I
ENGR 4720 Manufacturing Processes & Systems Laboratory II
ISYE 4200 Design and Analysis of Work Systems
ISYE 4220 Optimization Algorithms and Applications
ISYE 4230 Quality Control
ISYE 4240 Engineering Project Management
ISYE 4250 Facilities Design & Industrial Logistics
ISYE 4260 Human Performance Modeling and Support
ISYE 4280 Decision Focused Systems Engineering
ISYE 4300 Complex Systems Models for Industrial & Systems Engineering
ISYE 4310 Ethics of Modeling for Indus. & Systems Eng
ISYE 4320 Theory of Scheduling
ISYE 4330 Design of Experiments
ISYE 4360 Applied Data Science
ISYE 4340 Cyber-Physical Systems
ISYE 4350 Systems Engineering and Social Media
ISYE 4760 Mathematical Statistics
ISYE 4810 Computational Intelligence
MANE 4330 Inventor’s Studio 3
MANE 2710 Thermodynamics
PSYC 4310 Research Methods And Statistics II
Special undergraduate sections or regular graduate sections of 6000-level ISYE courses can also serve as technical electives except for ISYE 6600, ISYE 6610, and ISY 6620.
- Students can elect to take MANE 2220 to satisfy this requirement.
- Students can elect to take MANE 4220 to satisfy both ENGR 4010 and ISYE 4270.
- ISYE 4290 is only offered in the Spring and ISYE 4210 is only offered in the Fall. Thus, depending on away semesters, when these two courses are taken can be swapped.